Make a Will Online in 3 Easy Steps
An online Will is a legal document that outlines a person’s final wishes regarding the distribution of their assets and the care of any dependents. Get started today with GeauxPlans!
You want to know how to make a Will online. An online Will is a legal document that outlines a person’s final wishes regarding the distribution of their assets and the care of any dependents. It’s really easy to make a Will online in this day and age. However, you must be very careful about the source.
In Louisiana, an online will is valid as long as it meets the requirements of state law. It’s important to note that not all online will services are created equal and some may not meet the state’s standards. Therefore, it’s important to research and choose a reputable service to ensure the validity of the will.
Unlike other estate planning platforms, GeauxPlans is designed exclusively to be a safe and secure way to create a Will online in Louisiana.
What is a Will?
A Last Will and Testament is an essential tool for estate planning and helps to ensure that a person’s assets are distributed according to their wishes, rather than being determined by the government’s estate plan. It’s important to have a valid will in place to ensure that one’s wishes are carried out and to minimize the risk of unintended consequences or disputes among family members or other beneficiaries.
Click the button below to learn more about Wills in Louisiana.
Ready to create a Will online now? Let’s Geaux!
The Purpose of a Will
The main purpose of a will is to provide instructions for the distribution of property and assets, the appointment of an executor, the designation of guardians for minor children, and other important matters. A Will can also be used to express specific instructions regarding funeral arrangements, the disposition of personal property, and any gifts or bequests to named beneficiaries.
In the absence of a Will, state law (aka the government’s plan) will determine the distribution of a person’s assets, which usually leads to unintended consequences. Having a valid Will in place helps ensure that a person’s final wishes are carried out and their loved ones are taken care of. You can enjoy these benefits and peace of mind whether you create a Will online or engage an attorney to create a Will for you.
Benefits When You Get a Will Online
Some benefits when you get a Will online include:
- Control over assets: A Will gives a person the power to determine how their assets will be distributed after their death. This can help ensure that their property goes to the people or organizations they choose.
- Minimize Court Involvement: A probate is required whether you make a Will online or hire an attorney to help you create a Will. However, a Will can help to reduce the time and expense of probate court by granting your appointed Executor powers of independent administration. Independent administration allows your appointed Executor to administer the estate without the authorization of the probate court. This will not avoid probate, but it may reduce the need for court supervision, which may in turn reduce the overall cost of probate.
- Appointment of Tutors or Guardians: If a person has minor children, a Will can be used to appoint a tutor or guardian to care for them in the event of the person’s death.
- Peace of mind: Having a Will in place can provide peace of mind, as it can help ensure that a person’s final wishes are carried out and their loved ones are taken care of.
- Convenience: You can make a will online from the comfort of your own home without an attorney.
- Affordability: Compared to traditional methods of creating a will, an online will is often more affordable. GeauxPlans offers basic will-creation services for a low fee, making it accessible to everyone.
- Ease of use: GeauxPlans uses a simple user-friendly interfaces to guide you through the process of creating your will online. You can complete the process at your own pace, without the need for legal expertise.
- Legal validity: GeauxPlans online Wills meet the requirements established by Louisiana law.
Would you like to know whether a Will is right for you?
Match me with the right plan!
Tell us about yourself and we'll match you with the right plan!
Why Create a Will Online in Louisiana?
In Louisiana, a Last Will and Testament must be in writing and signed by the testator (the person making the will) on each page in the presence of a notary and two competent witnesses. The Will must also be properly executed and meet other requirements established by Louisiana law.
A Last Will and Testament can be used to specify the distribution of property, the appointment of an executor, and the designation of tutors or guardians for minor children, among other things. Having a valid Last Will and Testament in place is an important aspect of estate planning and can help ensure that a person’s final wishes are carried out.
Save Money When you Make a Will Online?
When someone dies, a probate or Louisiana succession will be required to distribute assets to loved ones. A Will should appoint an Executor or Personal Representative to manage the probate process. A Will can grant the Executor powers of Independent Administration. Powers of Independent Administration will not avoid the probate process, but it can minimize the need for court supervision, which could ultimately reduce the cost of a probate.
Make a Will Online in Louisiana in 3 Simple Steps
An online will is a convenient and cost-effective way to take care of your personal business. With the rise of technology and the internet, you can create a Will online from the comfort of your own home.
The simplest process
Quick, affordable and can be completed in 3 easy steps!
Choose your Estate Plan among the available options and submit payment online
Complete the GeauxPlans interview online. This should take no more than 30 minutes! That’s it! It will be so easy and painless that you will wonder why you waited so long.
Your responses will be electronically transmitted to GeauxPlans and assimilated into a series of estate planning documents.
Your documents will be available for immediate download after you complete your questionnaire, or you may request professional printing and shipping at checkout.
It has never been easier to create a Will online. GeauxPlans is a tailor-made, convenient, and cost-effective way to create a valid Last Will and Testament online in Louisiana.
Ready to get started? Let’s Geaux!
Do you have any more questions?
Support team: M-F, 8am-5pm CST
Call us: +1 (855) 213-6300